There are three mandatory tests that your equipment needs to undergo: DOT, Aerial, and Dielectric. UES currently offers all three services at our site in Spring Hill, Tennessee, and the Dielectric Inspection is coming to our road service in the coming months.
DOT Inspection. These inspections are required nationwide and are available at several levels, ranging from the very detailed Level I to a driver-only or vehicle-only inspection. Safety is always top-of-mind, so these inspections will focus on the condition of the vehicle, taking into account everything from the windshield wipers to the state of the tires. The top-tier Level I Inspection will require the inspector to go under the bucket truck as well as walking around it. Our location is well-equipped and staffed to conduct these kinds of tests to ensure your bucket trucks are road ready.
Aerial Inspection. Having your aerial lift equipment inspected regularly is essential to ensure the safety and productivity of your aerial work platform equipment. This kind of inspection will include checking:
- All functions and their controls for speed(s), smoothness and limits of motion
- Lower controls including the provisions for overriding of upper controls
- All chain and cable mechanisms for adjustment and worn or damaged parts
- All emergency and safety devices
- Lubrication of all moving parts, inspection of filter element(s), and hydraulic oil as specified by the manufacturer
- Visual inspection of structural components and other critical components such as fasteners, pins, shafts and locking devices
- Placards, warnings and control markings
- Items specified by the manufacturer
- Emergency lowering means if equipped
Dielectric Inspection. The requirements for this are very demanding, and UES is in the process of becoming equipped to offer this service in the very near future. The structural test alone will include 12 points, from the chassis and elbows to outriggers, booms, and pedestals of the bucket truck.
Our UES service technicians have extensive experience in working with all makes and models of trucks and aerial devices, such as Hi-Ranger, Lift-All, Dur-A-Lift, Pitman, Altec, and VersaLift, just to name a few. We also specialize in hard-to-find parts for your aerial equipment, and we are here to assist you with any service or repair needs you may have as well. We now offer roadside assistance, so our skilled road technicians are here to service your fleet, aerials, diggers, and cranes roadside, at your own facility or at our facility in Spring Hill, Tennessee.
Here at Utility Equipment Service, we do business with one goal in mind, and that is this: Quality comes first. From the moment you contact one of our staff members until our work is completed, we want you to receive the highest quality of service possible. As our client, you deserve the very best.